Thursday 7 July 2016

Post June!

So another month is yet again done and dusted. How is it already July? Where has half the year gone? Anyway, it's time to round up all the interesting and significant things that occurred in my life in June. Not a very exciting month but I got a few things done!



  • Finally finished all my exams after a very painful, but speedy year 12, kind of like pulling off a plaster. Though I'm glad to be progressing further into my life and cannot wait to get onto the bigger, better things, the thoughts about growing up are still daunting!

  • After feeling serious withdrawal symptoms from finishing Pretty Little Liars I decided to start watching The Vampire Diaries. It was slightly dragged out I felt like, especially seasons 4 and 5 where the plot just went in circles but it did get interesting by season 6! And now, do not get me started on season 7… Definitely would recommend!

  • Started and finished the world’s smallest book, Diary of an Oxygen Thief. I’ve been wanting to read it for such a long time, especially after seeing it being hyped about on Tumblr multiple times. The book is so unusual and intriguing, I loved every page of it and I’ve actually just decided to do a full book review on it as a separate blog post next week! As well as that book, I also started reading Stephan Hawking's book Theory of everything. This may not be everyone’s cup of tea but if you have the slightest interest in physics or any other science you should give it a go.

  • Went to London in particular South Bank, the other weekend, thanks to my brother. It was such a refreshing feeling to roam a big, busy city after feeling like I was constantly being restricted to the small town I live in. The most interesting thing about London is probably the vast mixture of cultures that all come together to create one big community. (I’ll probably write a post on this too…)

  • I’ve recently rediscovered a YouTube channel called Reload Sessions. They pull together various,less well known artists from all over and get to them to cover a song and then put it up. Most of the covers are acoustics and just an absolute pleasure to listen to and calm you down. My favorites are this Jhené Aiko cover, this Frank Ocean cover and this Tove Lo cover.

Let me know how your June went and what you are looking forward to most in July!

  -Khevana

No comments:

Post a Comment